Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telco line identification number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigipa

Programmer
Nov 24, 2002
US
Hi,

Is there a list of numbers available for co line identification? What I mean is that in Austin, TX you can dial 830 and hear an automated response. The response gives you the telephone number of the line your calling from. How can I obtain this magic number for the rest of texas for example?

Thanks in advance,
-S

The one I find that works on most carriers is:
101073217709889664. I Focal (lec in chicago) uses 211. Usually the first works though.

Locally SW fl Verrizon its 954 1114

I use my cell phone with caller id when Im out of the area or working on non telco lines

I also use 800 532 7486 it takes you to a att billing center press 1 it will then give you the number

In Tulsa Oklahoma it's 9591122

Also check out 888-294-9681 it gives you the voice circuit type and the number... will even do callback at the end of the call to confirm that it is working fine.

Pacific Bell uses 959-1122.

Other test numbers from Pac Bell:

XXX-0020 will give you a test tone, great for checking to see if it's bleeding into other lines.

XXX-0049 will give you that same tone, but for only a moment, it then goes to silence which is great for an onhook method to checking any noise on a line.

There are other numbers that SBC/Pacific Bell uses, but are password protected for technician use. You might try and ask an installer when they're doing a service call for some more tips. Some are kind and will give you some info.

SBC/PB uses a device called a DATU which allows you to short a pair, open a pair, place tone on a pair from the CO back to the demarc, etc.

DAMT also provides advanced testing functions.

The 1010 number listed should work in most places, although some areas do not have 1010 dialing, in which case the 888 number listed above that provides voice circuit as well as ANI information is best. The 888 number uses ANI rather than caller ID. So... if you call it from your cell phone, it'll give you the actual pool number your cell phone is using. It will also give you the actual pool number if you're on a PBX switch that's providing caller ID information over the trunk to make the recipient's caller ID box display the DID number rather than the actual pool number.

Good luck...

Hello All,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for your help. Lots of great info! I've put it all on my laptop for easy reference. What a great forum!! I guess I need to get out here and contribute.

Thanks Again,
sigipa

To AvayaNovice,
Just to elaborate on the test numbers, the NXX-0049 is a quiet termination - 100 type test line -; and the NXX-0020 is a Milliwatt - 102 type test line - in the Pacific Bell "North" area and Nevada Bell areas. In the Pacific Bell "South" area the test numbers are different: Milliwatt is NXX-0002 and silent term is NXX-9298. These also work for GTE(Verizon) the original GT areas, NOT the CONTEL areas. CONTEL either had wierd numbers or none! Nothing standard. Plus there are other test numbers that for the most part have been eliminated with all the digital switching and transmission they are not needed anymore.

More: the GTE(Verizon) line ID in California is 958-1114, where you noted 959-1122 is Pacific Bell, it also looks like SBC is using this as a company wide code according to AdManOK, which does not surprise me with the changes SBC has made.
Because of the demand for special use codes like 911, 711 and 211, etc. Telcos use to use these for test numbers but NANPA has reserved two NXX codes for their use: 958 and 959. In Pacific Bell areas the ringback is 958 + THE LAST FOUR digits of your number, 2nd dialtone, hookflash, lowtone then hangup and the line should ring back. This is great for testing ringers, etc when troubleshooting. In GT land the 5ESS switches use 111+ the last four and the same format as above. On the GTD5 EAX switches it's the 7-digit phone number, ticktone then hangup and it rings!

Hope this is helpful or educational to someone!
......JIM......

I'm trying to find out if they use a standard number for DATU and DAMT. I've only seen it consistant from county to county.

I know in our area, like I said, DATU is main CO prefix plus 0013. Didn't find that anywhere else. In fact, no installers anywhere else knew what a DATU was. They all knew what DAMT was.

It should be noted that the 888-294-9681 number listed above actually provides calling part number, and NOT ani. So, if you're working with a non-POTS or complex installation (PRI, coded terminal hunt group, etc) you may not get the number you're expecting.

You are correct.

I thought the number he provided was the same one I have (which it is not).

The number I have is password protected, otherwise I'd give it out -- and it does provide ANI.

In San Antonio, you can ID using 890-878-2654. Also 222-0099 gives you a test tone 1 KHZ and 222-9999 gives you silence. some of the other nxx will also give test tone with 0099.

Does anyone know the quite line termination and test tone dial in numbers for the bell south 502 area.

Thanks

anyone got DAMT Access numbers for Los Angeles CA.
I ones I have seen not to work any more. They are password protected and seem to have change. MPOWER line ID is 555-5643, CALL ID everything is 18002231104 501745.
I have a sbc for prefix 373,374,375,788,782,786,787,988,779,151,756,947 number is 818-782-7481 5366pw

What ANI ID for South Texas, Browmsville, Harlingen, McAllen?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

try the 1-888-902-9998 it works in most areas
just to let yyou know .

Again, just to clarify the 888-902-9998 reads back the Calling Party Number, not the ANI. If you are working with a multiline hunt group or any complex installation, you probably actually want the ANI and not the CPN.

Anyone have the ANI in Las Vegas for SPRINT, XO, Nevada Telephone and MPower?

Thanks,
Dave, The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas

980 2411, works for some area's las vegas was 311, hilton head was 711... here's a hint, call the operator and ask for a calling lind id verfication, is this xxx xxx xxxx? 99 percent of the time, she can and will tell you if your on the right line... i have dialed 911, "non emergency, is this clid xxx xxxx.." now days it's faster to call the cell..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back