Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tektronix phaser 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

whizz

Technical User
Sep 2, 2002
IE
I am getting a message on my phaser 350 which reads Fault error 04,005.44:43703 service required. The printer does not seem to be heating either. It has been meticulously and thoroughly cleaned but the same message is appearing. Can anyone tell me what this error means and how to correct?

The fault code reads: "Failure positioning drum maintainence cam during a drum maintainence cycle; check the drum maintainence cam solenoid, clutch, home sensor, and related hardware."
My experience is that the "white clutch" has failed, as they often do. This term is used internally for the clutch cam on the mid, forward left side of the printer, so called because it is white plastic.
If this is not the issue, the sensors on the lower, forward right of the printer may need to be cleaned. This can be done with Alcohol and a swab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back