Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tektronix Phaser 340/350 service cable pinout? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscarthegrouch

Technical User
Oct 9, 2003
DE
Hello,

does any one have the pinouts for the service cable (which plugs in the 5pin mini-DIN port on the back of the printer) for a Tektronix (Xerox) Phaser 350 (should be the same as the on for the 340)?

Any help is appreciated,

Oscar

hello again,

now i measured the voltages by powered on printer (in service mode, but is the same as in normal mode)

1=tx/rx= 4,96 volt (unstable, when i touch the gnd with the other hand (resistance-connection to gnd), it goes to 4,93 volt)
2=n/c= 0 volt (n/c)
3=5v= 4,96 volt stable
4=tx/rx= 4,96 volt (seems to be stable, too)
5=gnd= 0 volt (gnd)

perhaps it can help someone

thanx

chaos

Thanks ChAoS2K

For the voltages readings. I hope marty5261 come thur.

Unfortunately in the current high tech world of digital photos I do not own a digital camera or scanner nor have access to one. To answer some questions , it is a 20 pin ic, as best i can see from scratched out numbers on ic it reads mx233cp. I will forward further info about the pcb as soon as I get the chance. I apologize for the delay.

thanks...

this was very very very helpful..

a max233cpp is a converter for the rs232 conversion with low powered devices... i have got one... u can order samples by maxim (does not cost anything), you can order one and get two...

can u tell with what pin of the ic the diode is connected and in which direction???

at one end of the ic there must be an indent... near the indent there must be a very small hole... the pin at this hole is pin one...

20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11

O <-(indent) MAX233CPP
° <- (hole)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

thanks for your help marty5261

fine...

i postet my email address but it was deleted by an administrator...

can anyone tell me how to get the pc based diagnostics???

here is no private messaging system to send a mail address to get the software...

i need the software to verify my self built cable...

please help us

Hello, ChAoS2K

I have the pc based diagnostics for the phaser 360, but I would like to get a cable build by you if the one you build works. What do you say?

hey bryan,

thats a nice idea, but how can you give me the software???
the problem is, that i can not post any address... its always deleted by an administrator. here is no private messaging system, so we can not get in private contact to change the addresses. another try is dirkandre ad freenet.de when we got in private contact then there's no problem because you can send me the software and after trying i can send you a wiring diagram.
what you can do in the meantime is ordering a sample of a max233cpp by maxim. maxim's hp is
thanks for all help...

chaos

Hmm, Ok

Here lets try this, Do a post on hxxp://xxx.craigslist.org and say that your looking for a "phaser 360 test cable". In the computer selection. Then post back here in tek-tips saying something like this:

ChAoS2K
Los Angeles ----- Or the city of your choice.
Post complete

I'll do a search and reply back to the craigslist post.
This help keep both parties anonymous for the time been and a way to messages each other.

Later

hey bryan,

when you search in the main page (on the left) for phaser in services (dropdown) then you get the one and only result.

it is in san francisco under computer services

hope you'll find it

thaaanx,

chaos

Hello

ChAoS2K

I email the craigslist post, but you have not got back to me! Let me know something, please.

Thanks

hey bryan,

i wrote an email to the sender's address of your email(cox)

i do not know, why you did not get it...

i sent the mail again, hope, that you receive it now

chaos

Hello world,

is there still any need of the cable pinout for the service cable for a Tektronix/Xerox Phaser 350?

oscar

Hi,

now i have the pinout, the self built cable works fine, but i have the wrong software version from the diag software.

my printer (phaser 360) is v9.28 and the diag software is v9.16

it works but sometimes the printer's processor gets an overflow during the tests (error code 00.03....)

the main error is by positioning the drum, i ever get the error "drum stall"... the drum rotates one time and then i get the error. sometimes it rotates all the time, i don't really know the error.

chaos

I am looking for a schematic of the diagnostic cable and a copy of the Phaser 360 diagnostic software. Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back