Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tektronix 850DP Jams 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermitutd

MIS
Oct 20, 2002
US
We have a Tektronix 850DP that is acting very well funny. It will print 50 pages fine, then the 51st page will jam, but not really what I would consider a jam. The feeder will pull it up out of the main tray, and then just stop and give me the jam error. Then that will happend every other page. It's very erratic. I've double checked the paper we are using, and it is within specifications. We haven't changed paper. I also noticed with Duplexing it will do the same thing, except with the exit. Very strange indeed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

sounds to me like you might need to clean the rollers.
if the rollers are dirty they tend to get slick and slip on the paper, causing the jam signal.
let me know if i helped or not, thanks

So that would be the cleaning with alcohol, correct? That is the correct solution according to my reading I believe.

that would be cleaning with alcohol, or you could use some Xerox Rubber Restorer (xerox part number 43E270) to clean them. let me know if i helped or not, thanks

Cleaning the rollers has not helped at all. Any other ideas on what maybe causing the printer to jam. I've tried everything I could think of, different paper, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Drum engage clutch part no 401080700A second clutch left hand side.

So you think that is the problem? Can I get some more information. I've looked up Drum Engage Clutch on the Xerox Knowledge base and it just gave faults and stuff, that I do not get.

This clutch will give poor lubrication to the drum. Resulting in phatom jamming. Take the clutch apart and you will see that the face has been pollished smooth.

davejw's explanation of paper jam at the feed rollers is what i am looking into. I suspected the I\O pcb's on both sides of the unit. But I will try the drum clutch first.
Thanx, Smaug1

I will say it's the pick clutch, not the dm clutch. part # 401-0808-02

To: nuldev. On paper jam at pick-up:
I will replace them both and see if it fixes it. Thanx Smaug1

The fault codes tell me it's a pick clutch, problem, now I just get to go through the fun of finding a replacement part. Which I haven't yet.

thanks

Brandon

Davejw's suggests drum clutch. I have not recieved the pick clutch yet, so I installed the drum clutch and, Viola!
Unit is up and running great! Thanx, Smaug1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back