Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tektronix 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr1pper

Technical User
Feb 1, 2003
US
I've just bought a used 350 where the seller says it prints 'Great pages'. I've plugged the thing in and for 2 hours now (affter going to 88% in the warm up in about 15 mins) is constantly alternating between 'warming up ' & 'initializing'! It's clunking away as normal but not coming online.
Any ideas please?

Thanks
DK

it sounds like the drum temperature sensor is not making good contact with the print drum. You have to open the exit cover and then you can look down at the top of the drum. Then temp sensor is located at the back of the printer on top of the drum it will have two wires coming out of it. take a piece of paper and fold it in half and slide it back and forth under the sensor to clean it. Also make sure that it has ventilation alll the way around the printer of at least 6 inches and no cold air is blowing on it

DK, did you ever get this solved? I have one doing the same thing. The issue is not warming up, but not initializing, I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back