Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tektronix 350 Fault 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

patterjj

Instructor
Apr 9, 2002
US
I have a Tektronix 350 with a fault of 24,018.17
I was wondering if anyone knew what this was. I have heard that it is the main. Tray. Would replacing the tray fix this or could it be something else. Also there seems to be oil on the tray, is it totally screwed up or is that normal? Thanks

That is a Postscript error code. 24,018.17: Engine is stuck while warming up -- thermals won't stabilize.

You would need to hook up a laptop and run diags to find out what is really going on.

Is there a reference for hooking up the laptop to the Tektronix printer? Is that in the manual? I will check when I get home tonight. Also are the thermals easy to replace. I have a 2 350's, one the heads are shot, the other one has that error I posted on earlier. Thanks again for your help, that is the most help any has been able to give me. THANKS!!!!

I also need info on a Phaser 350 Error Code. I get the following code: 04,005.44:5569 - can anyone provide information about this error code and possible solutions.
Thanks

To connect a Lap top, you need to have the service cable. It plugs into the spot marked "service only". Then you have to have the 350diags software. Needless to say, you have to be cert. to get this stuff from Xerox/Tektronix. Unless you can find it for sell somewhere.

As for replacing the thermals... These are located in the printhead. Printheads are not cheap. It list for $1200... Not worth buying. You would be better off getting an 860.

OZLAW... Your error just needs a Drum Maitence Clutch replaced. Easy fix. Takes about 5 mins to do. part# 401-0710-01.. Cost about $19

Guys,
Does anyone know what the following error code is?
07,004.46:xxxxx

BTW : Thanks MDA2 for the heads up on the 04,005.44 error code... That saved me a lot of messing around ;)

c1au,

Believe it or not but your error also indicates the need for a new Drum Maitence Clutch.. There are several errors that point directly to this clutch. If the clutch doesnt fix it, then the IO#1 board needs to be replaced...

Hello everyone,

I have a Tektronix 350 and its giving me a fault error 04,001.40:55887 Can anyone help me out with this.

Many thanks,

Andrew
(sales@mycableshop.com)

As for the previous error code, I got a suggestion from a friend who told me that it mean the motherboard wasn't seated right; screwed it in tighter, and it work...some more. The printer makes a bunch of startup noises, and now I've got an error code 05,002.42 now. Any clues? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know why my 35o would always jam right when the paper gets to the drum. It will not exit the printer. It always gets stuck right where the paper is about to exit. From the exit cover you can just see the top part of the paper. You have to use the maint. Tray door to pull the paper out. It is driving me nuts. Please help me.

ACOOL, That error indicates that the Drum position sensor is not working or the drum is not rotating.

patterjj, If you open the exit cover, there is a black lever. You can lift up the blue paper guide and see the lever better. This part can break. The actuall sensor is on the IO 3 board. This board may need replacing. You can also go into the fault history and post what the most recent error code is. This will give ya a better idea of where the problem actually is.

I am also getting the same error as Acool....05,002.42:60501. Can you tell me how to fix this MDA2 or anyone? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I am pretty clueless about these types of printers.

I am getting an error on my Phaser350. It says, "service required, 13003.42:-2694788." Just wondering if anyone knew anything about this error code. Thanks in advance for the help.

MDA2 - the problem ACOOL was having with the 350 fault 05,002.42. Would your recommendation also apply on a 340 with the same problem? I have been given a 340 that has the same fault and the system has a low page count.

Thank you,

simoncm

Hello,
My 350 has this error code that reads Service Required, 4,0005.44:84802; Please Wait. What does it need? Would I be able to correct the problem by myself?

And, what are all the cables that a 350 needs to get it operating? I only have a plug cable and a black cable that looks like a TV cable and that is it that I have hooked up in the back of the printer.

Also, is this a printer that has to be connected to internet? Is Ethernet line required for it to operate also?

Thank you!
Sarah Hafer

I also have the 24,018.17 fault code. During installation of a maintenance tray, I pulled out a rubber seal with teeth in it that was partially hanging down. Could this cause this fault code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back