Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tektronix 340 Paper Jam before Start Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

danfinazzo

Technical User
Nov 24, 2002
US
As part of the startup process the 340 tries feeding paper - I think to print off the last print that is still on the drum. The paper goes 1/2 way into the printer and I get a Paper Jam with no fault code. The paper doesn't really jam it just stops short of the paper getting on the printing drum.. Checked all switches, the media tray and the maintenance tray but no deal.

Note I do not get fully started up, melts ink, initializes and then the "the jam" or should I say "paper stop".

Any tips, hints, suggestions - possiblly need to reset the unit electronics - I am not sure so any sugestions are welcome this may help unfreeze my brain!!

Dan

Go to the xerox web site and follow the links for Phaser printers. At some point you will be able to enter the exact error code and get a response describing the meaning of that code.

I have the same problem with the paper stopping even before going past maintenance tray ( about 2 in. out of paper tray.. ) I tried cleaning rollers with alcohol ( I do not have the cleaning attachment for media tray ) but it only lasted a few copies. I was wondering if there is a magnetic clutch or something that pulls the paper up that is not getting full signal...Anyone with manual that might be able to help???

contact me at tmart79050@aol.com

God bless
Ted

I am having the same problem. It jams 9 out of ten tries. I can find nothing causing it. Did you find a resolution?

Both my Phasers - 340 and 360 do this intermittently but only when warming up. If I retry about six or seven times, eventually a sheet will feed normally and then the printer works fine for as long as you leave it switched on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back