Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tek 740 and Fuser

Status
Not open for further replies.

rghanson

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
US
I need HELP!!! I keep getting the error "Paper Jam at C" then "Remove the fuser". The paper makes it about half way out of the printer and then jams - over and over again. I've tried cleaning what I can and have even installed a new fuser. Nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi RG;

I have the same issue - thanks for alerting me to not buy a new fuser. I seem to only get it on color output. Also, when I run the Diag 1, it prints PERFECTLY! I think this has to do with the toner not being fixed well enough and gluing up the fusedr output! Not verified, though. Any new news?

I was having the same problems - intermittent "Jams at C". I fixed it by cleaning (sanding with 800 grit snadpaper) the faces of the clutch on the paper feed assembly.

I looking at the jammed pages I noticed the image was shifted 1/4" + towards the top of the page. This got me thinking that the clutch on the paper feeder was just a bit too slow at getting the page OUT of the fuser and thus the jam. My pages where hanging half way out of the printer when they'd stop with a jam.

The problem was VERY annoying being intermittent. I've also heard that a sticky transfer roller causes this problem.

Good luck....

Well; I think I may have figured out my problem. It appears that my printer gums up when the ambient room tempature drops. Today, we had 70 degree weather and the printer worked poorly in the morning, but fine in the PM. I will see if it works in the morning after a nigth in the cold.

I'm pretty sure the problem was that the Fuser just isn't hot enough!

FWIW.

Cleaning the rollers per the manual should fix this problem.

Hi folks,
I'm having the same problem only on every page. I've replaced every consumable and throughly cleaned the entire paper path and rollers.

I had an error 33 on my 560 and the 26.95 clutch from total laser care fixed it. I'll be the test rabit and order one on monday and let you all know if replaceing that clutch does the trick

God Bless
Peter

I have 2 Phaser 740s and both are having the jamming problem at the fuser/exit. The ink seems to cause the paper to stick to the fuser rollers instead of the paper. Someone mentioned temperature. Does anyone know if that could cause the ink not to adhere to the paper? My ambient temp is 16-22C and my amb humidity is 41-46%. Any suggestions?

ryanzhope, if the toner and paper are sticking to the fuser rollers you can attempt to clean the rollers with 90% or better isoprpyl. chances are this will only be a temp fix as you may get 5- 10 pages out ok then the problem re-occurs. the only other solution is to replace the fuser itself.

I also had the same problem and since I have 2 more printers i replaced evrything i could think and still the same until by luck i run out of the magenta toner and had to replaced and voila ! , no more problems

The problem lies in the toner select/paper eject unit, which is the door assy to the right which you open to install toner cartridges. The assy itself is a pain to replace, very tedious if you never have done one before. You may be able to see where the problem lies by removing the side covers of the assy and see if there is a clutch or solenoid not working, but the individual parts are not broken down and part numbered in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back