Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TEDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

omerkd

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
IL
Hi.
We are trying to install the TEDW and the ITM 5.1 - TEDW ETL.
We have many problems to install it.
Any one done that already ?
NT or Unix ?

There have been some problems with this. Seems the way that Tivoli installs this is not correct. Call Tivoli Support for the lastest information on this. I believe that they do have a work-around in place.
Thanks,
-Jim

Thanks Jim
We did contact Tivoli. They gave us the answer of "RTMF".
We did read every document ever published on the subject.
I think we overcome 90% of the problems.
If anyone knews how to complete the 10% - we be happy to share information.
yours

Omer

What steps have you already achieve in the installation roadmaps?
Have you installed the DB2 DataWarehouse?
Is it in an english environnement?

Has anyone found a good and easy to read list of instuctions to get TEDW installed? I have been tring to get it installed on a single machine to about 2 months now. It still is not working.

We had problems in our lab and determined that the problem is in the way Tivoli installs the DB/2. By istalling the DB/2 directly (outside of Tivoli), the problem was solved.

I had installed many times the ETLs in TEDW.
Which kind of problems have you faced? Did you follow this installation order of TEDW?:
1) DB2 eneterprise server, fixpack level 5
2) TEDW 1.1
3) DB2 fixpack 6
4) TEDW fixpack 1

I got a list from IBM support but it didn't work.

1. DB2 7.2 with FixPack 5
2. TEDW 1.1
3. DB2 Fixpack 6
4. 1.1-TDW-0002
5. 1.1-TDW-0004
6. TEDW FixPack 02
7. DB2 FixPack 8

When do i install the ITM ETLs?

Thank You for any help that you can give me...

Chatan

To install the ITM ETL you have to insert the TEDW CD and then when is requested the kind of installation you want to perform (single machine, distributed, application only) you have to specify "application only" and then point to the directory where is the *.cfg of the ITM ETL.
You can install the ETL after the TEDW FixPack 02.
Anyway I would follow MY installation order and then install the ETLs.
By the way, do you know that you have to install at first the "general ETL" (AMX) and then the ETL for ITM for Operating Systems (AMY)?

More: if the ETL installation fails, that is you have a message telling there are "general errors", it's not told that the installation has failed!!!!!! If into the DB2 Datawarehouse Center there are the subject areas filled, probably the installation succeeded!

let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back