Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Technical Specifications 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NigeW

Programmer
Jun 10, 2002
NZ
Hi there

I am completing an assignment for a paper which requires me to identify an ERP system for SME's, so sorry this is all theory and not a real world issue - :)

From what I have read the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne package is an ideal package.

Can anyone please advise where I can find technical specifications for setting up a server to house the software on ?

Thanks in advance.

Nigel

Nigel Wilson
Christchurch Web Design

Did you know that PeopleSoft acquired JDEdwards? Maybe if you google it through PoepleSoft, you'll have better luck.

The tech specs that JD Edwards/Peoplesoft/Oracle give are wimpy at best. If you tried their senario nothing would work. There are 3 parts: Enterprise(database and Main system software) on this we have a Quad 900 Mhz with 4 Gb of ram attached to 2 disk arrays (28 Drives).

Next is the Logic server, Handles most of the reporting functionality. We used and older Dual 600Mhz with 2.5 Gb of ram.

Last is the deployment server. This is for all of the admin work and development process. On this we have a Dual 1.4G with 2 Gb of Ram

Lead, Follow of get the %&*#%$ out of the way !!

You system's specs will vary greatly depending on a number of factors. Such as: number of users, number of modules you plan to run, what OS/harware you want to run the system on, etc...

To get the minimum technical requirements for the software, you will need to visit their website.

I hope this helps.

Dan

OK,, I'll make the obvious response. As all the Edwards / Peoplesoft users know,, Larry and his Oracle boys,,, bought everything, at first of January. I do believe that the Peoplesoft site is still up, but you might also check the Oracle site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back