Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Technical Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabineri

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
This may relate to my previous post.

I select data from several tables and place the results into a "printing" table on which CR bases its printout. Within VB6 I create the preview of that printout and then start putting another data set into my "printing" table.

Once CR has created the on-screen preview what then happens if I change the data in the table from which the view was generated? Is this ok to do since it does not seem to change the prview on the screen even though VB has re stuffed the table with new data? Does CR only read the data as it creates the report and then stores it internally somehow?

Thanks for any clarificiation, David Abineri

It stores it internally, yes.
In order to bring the report back up to sync, you need to refresh the report (using F5 or the menu option)
You also have the option of saving reports with or without a set of current data - in the latter case, it needs to read in the data each time you open the report, but will then retain it until it is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back