Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Technical functioning of sapconsole

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascalsv

Programmer
Jan 23, 2003
DE
Hi there,

I am currently writing my dissertation about mobile data acquiring at the university of Heidelberg.

In my paper I would like to compare the SAP-Console with third party products. To do so I need technical information about the functioning of the console, e.g. Telnet, IDOC, and the problems that occur due to this solution.

SAP seems to be too busy to help thus I am posting here, hoping to find someone being able to provide me with this information I need.

Thanks in advance,

Pascal Schmidt-Volkmar

Pascal,
We use Vertex Interactive's UMDC -Universal Mobile Data Collector. It is basically like SAP Console, except supports more screen controls. UMDC and SAP Console are screen translators. They take a SAP GUI screen, a dynpro, and convert it to work on a VT100/220 telnet screen. No middleware, no data storage, no IDocs. Basically any SAP screen can be translated to a telnet text screen, but the size limtations mean custom screens (or SAP's 40 RF Mobile screens) must be developed in SAP. RF devices are typically sized, lines and columns: 8x18, 20x26, 8x40. SAP Console, and the like, exchange SAP GUI screens with R/3 on one side and drive a telnet server on the other.
Mike

Hello Pascal,

i have some information about SapConsole Arquitecture, some presentationsabout the tecnology.

If you want i can send you some!

Prosa

On an unrelated note, I am wondering if you attended LSE in 1999?

@Prosa: Yes, it would be very nice if you could send this information to pascalsv@spam_tauth.com. Please exclude the "_spam"!!

@Susan: (off-topic) Yes, I have attended LSE in 1999. :) And I used to know a very nice person there, called Susan.... :)

Greetings from Heidelberg,

Pascal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back