Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Technical Bulletin - IP Office uprade from 6.X to 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCSystemsBIZ

Technical User
Jan 24, 2008
US
Does anyone know where to find the latest Avaya technical bulletin describing the complete proceedure to upgrade IPO from 6.0 to 7.0? I have searched their site to no avail.

That doc will not walk you throught the entire procedxure though, that document is written for trained techs on the assumption they already know the procedure :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

there is a written procedure?

I thought thats what your IPO training was for ;-)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Training was a two week 6.0 beta course taken in 4 1/2 days last year. This is the first time I have had to upgrade one since boot camp in March 2010, and my lab partner & I had the latest version demo already and did not have to do the upgrade in class.

I was able to find out that you copy and paste the key into the "add" applet under licenses. I am still working out where & how to put the upgraded .bin files so I can use the upgrade wizard. My W7 machine is telling me that I do not have rights to write to the IPO Manager folder, even though I am running as Admin. I have tried to change the working directory, but not successfully. Still working on this in my spare time.

Don't ask me my opinion at this stage. I am still in the learning curve.

if you upgrade the whole admin suite then you don't need to worry about manually adding the firmware files or changing the working directory.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back