Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TECH ON SITE NEEDED HELP YESTERDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

buycvi

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
Have a tech on site working on a Nortel 824 with DR5 software. Needs feature codes for the following:

1) change station 206 to any other number ie: 306

2) change ICM button to HF/MUTE, then add ICM to another key

Please help!

funny...why is there a tech there and he/she dont know what to do??

Not so funny, I run into it everyday. There is a President in the White House and he doesn't know what the hell he is doing either. If you can't help then you can't help but the sarcasm is not necessary.

Thanks for nothing!

Does your tech have access to the system programing?

If so he/she needs to go into the programing it is not a feature code.

log on, they will see terminals and sets. scroll to system programing then press show, first screen should be hunt groups, hit next then it will say change dn, hit show then enter old dn then next then new dn it will say programed.

rls out and it is done

to change # of intercom keys from 1 to 2 it is the same but go to terminals and sets enter the dn then show and i believe it is in capabilities good luck

as for entering system programing i will not tell you how because if you do not know then you should not be in there and i would hate to be the one that turned you loose..

buycvi, run for President! It is amazing that every Monday every football fan knows how the team could have won the game!

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

WHAT YOUR ASKING FOR IS NOT DONE WITH FEATURE CODES, YOU WILL NEED TO GET INTO THE SYSTEM, THE AREA IS CALLED CONFIG

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

not good to have a tech that doesn't know the basics, sack him

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back