Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TEC 3.8 events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdelnasser

Technical User
Jun 26, 2003
CA
Hi there;

I have Tivoli framework 4.1 & TEC 3.8, my problem is that events not reach the event server, but it appears that the adapter catch them and analyzed them according to my tecad_logfile.fmt file. Events are exists in the tecad_logfile.cache but not appears through the wtdumprl. Moreover, using wpostemsg command also doesn’t send the msgs where postemsg do. I tried for the tecad_logfile.conf to change the ServerLocation and also the ServerPort but hopeless. By the way, when I start the adapter there is a warring msg says, “cannot get endpoint name”.

It would be so appreciated if anyone can help.

Thanks;
Abdelnasser H. Ouda

Hi Experts;

If there is any one have a thought that may help. My setup environment is all sun Solaris 5.8, the database is IBM DB2 V7.2. As mentioned above the problem was coming from the implementation of an application logfile adapter.

Thanks in advance.

Abdelnasser H. Ouda

Hi;

I still wait for someone that can help. Other ways to help are also by indicating some web forums addresses or tech help sites.

Thanks;
Abdelnasser H. Ouda

Adbe.,

This is the best forum I can find for TEC issues. I just wonder did you check the logs in the /tmp? All the components are writing logs.

Make sure test your rim object.

wrimtest -l tec

I hope it helps.

aofan
aofan44@yahoo.com

Hi aofan;

Thank you very much for your reply. In fact wrimtest -l tec is working ok, and open an interface session.

My Tivoli configuration is as follows:
1- A Tivoli framework server 4.1 on one sun solaris 5.8
2- A database server db2 V7.2 which is also a Tivoli managed node, this is also a sun solaris 5.8, and
3- A gateway whcih is also a managed node, this also a sun solaris 5.8.
I created endpoints for each of these machines.
I distributed the ACF adapter profile to these endpoints.
this profile including the files, tec_gateway and tecad_logfile_solaris2.

Any thought may help.
Thanks;
Abdelnasser H. Ouda

Did you issue the command:

wep ls

to see all the endpoint?

if you do, try a "wep synch_gateways".

Thanx

aofan

did you try explicitly setting the endpoint environment before starting the tecad-adapter by:
. <yourpath>/lcf/dat/1/lcf_env.sh in unix (or its cmd equivalent on those other platforms)? as tecad cannot find
it's needed lcfd daemon to talk to...is there an endpoint at all? AND is lcfd communicating with tec (DM?)

good luck

robot3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back