Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teams Direct Routing Avaya SBCE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontim

Programmer
Aug 18, 2021
AR
Hi!

I've been integrating a MS Teams solution from a client through an ASBCE to use the PSTN resources from an IP Office SE solution.
The problem i'm having is the next one..When i create an "MS Teams Line" to connect with the ASBCE as the manual states, i cant get it to be on service.
The connection is made through TLS and the port 5061. If I ttry a regular SIP Line i can get ti to connect so there's no certificate problem.

But i get an error on the trunk in System Status that says "attempt to connect to non-ms teams device through trunk configured as MS teams line" but the manual specifies i have to use a specific MS Teams line.

Has anyone found a way to solve this or am i doing something else wrong?

Thx in advance!

hi derfloh
Shouldn't the trunk be in service between the ASBCE and the IPO SE even without traffic that uses the sigma scripts?

I have both servers sendind options to each other.. when the IPO sends the options message it gets a server internal error message from the SBC and when the SBC sends the options message it gets a service unavailable repoly from the IPO.
I checked the SIGMA scripts and they are created as the manual instructs.
SBC_IPO_ds4ap6.jpg

If the Teams end of the connection is not up then you will get the "attempt to connect to non-ms teams device through trunk configured as MS teams line" alarm. Once the Teams connection is up and working it should clear the alarm.

Check in "STATUS/SERVER STATUS" to see if they are UP:

status_d8bloz.png

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

We've been working on it with the client but for some reason B1 interface is not receiving incoming traffic. My guess is theres some mistake in their firewall routes. I'll keep you posted on the progress. thx!

Another one to watch out for is to make sure the B1 interface has a DNS server it can reach to resolve the Microsoft URL's. Got me a few times that one, especially if you are using an external server like 8.8.8.8 and the firewall blocks it!

I always check using the diagnostics page to make sure everything is OK.

If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.

Terry Pratchet

Yes! i checked that one haha I pingued from the B1 interface to microsoft's FQDN and it resolves correctly the address... i dont get a reply because they must have ping disabled but it resolves the name correctly

And another to watch out for, is to remember to put the Microsoft CA certificate on the SBCE. Also make sure it's the new "DigiCert Global Root G2" one, not the old "Baltimore Cyber Trust Root" one. I think older versions of the Avaya docs don't mention the newer certificate.

Terry Pratchet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back