Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDE600 with problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisZ

Systems Engineer
Mar 15, 2018
BR
Hello there,

In my workplace, we have a Panasonic KX-TDE600 PBX, bought in 2014. It worked well until last year, when it started to suddenly shutdown. After the PBX turn off, we could turn it on in the next second, but it didn't last, turning off again, but, when we turn on on the next day, it worked well until the afternoon, and that was the cycle.
So, the diagnostic was the PSU. We changed the source in october/2017. It worked well for four months, and now we have the same problem.
Whats happens is that the old source works well when disconnected, it is not damaged, apparently.
Our maintenance service told us to change the source again, but I'm afraid that the problem will be solved just for a while, besides the cost.

The PBX configuration: PSU, two DHLC8, one ECSLC24, one ELCOT16, one E1 and the main processing card, IPECMPR, It is plugged on a UPS.
About our tests: the problem still happens when DHLC8 and ECSLC24 cards are disconnected, and, also when ELCOT cable is disconnected.

Two different companies came to repair but couldn't tell us the problem with sure.

I'm sorry about my English, but I hope someone here had the same problem and could help us. Any help is

Can you share the screen-shot of the physical arrangement of the cards on the system - Photo of system physical card arrangement and screen-shot of slot page?. I had a client with a similar problem.

How is the system powered from the wall socket?. Direct ?, Via UPS ? e.t.c

Can you share the config file?

Have you checked for error logs?

I meant was it originally powered from a UPS?

When you log into the system using Maintenance console, are the cards arranged in the same order and correspond to the cards in the photo?.

If yes, do this;
1. Remove all cards except the MPR(CPU) and Power Supply Unit (PSU)
2. Now substitute the MPR card with a known working one and observe what happens - Does it still go off?
3. If yes, return the previous MPR and this time change the CPU and see what happens - still goes off?
4. Test the extension and trunk cards in another working system and observe the behavior

Also try to backup the config, re-initialize the system and load back the config.

At this point i believe the source of the problem should be identified.

I meant was it originally powered from a UPS? This new PSU was originally powered from a UPS.

When you log into the system using Maintenance console, are the cards arranged in the same order and correspond to the cards in the photo? Yes.

I'll look for some good cards to test it, and also backup the config, re-initialize the system and load it back.

Question: does it have any chance of this problem be related to the ground connection? The PSU is not grounded currently.

Thanks a lot.

Do you have any news about your client that has a similar problem?

It's not correct protection.
You may remove R166.
It helps.
Supplement-1 (kms1606869se)

Perhaps did you upgrade something?.

Card or CPU?

Hello Luiz ELCOT16 not use? already OUS that card?
may be you can change other slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back