Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDE600 programming philosophy/primer available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdogi

Programmer
Apr 11, 2014
US
Hello all

Part of my job is managing two TDE 600 stacks, each with two units worth of cards. I am unable to get official training on these devices, and coming from a server admin background, have very little understanding of the telephone world, as far as the Panasonic's definitions of trunk group, class of service, ICD, and so on. I'm currently trying to split apart two departments who used to effectively be one, but am having serious problems with getting the lines to ring correctly for them.

I currently have the programming manual, but it just says what something is on a basic level, not why or how I would use it. Aside from not understanding this system overall, I find myself continually getting buried and lost while trying to document what is currently set up. Does anyone have any of the following they could pass along to me, perhaps helping others in the process?

[ul]
[li]Any sort of forms to document how a system is currently programmed[/li]
[li]Any examples of how a system has been set up[/li]
[li]Any explanations of what the various options are actually for or how they would be used[/li]
[/ul]

My particular problem at the moment is:

6 phone lines were at one time effectively combined. I now need 3 of them to ring only at one group of extensions, two lines that need to ring at a different group of extensions such that line 1 rings at x407 first, then also at x412 after the 3rd ring, but the opposite of that for line 2, but the rest of the extensions in the group may pick up either of the two lines.

Also, they want to have an after-hours message (mercifully can one message for both groups) that they can enable per CO group that says call back tomorrow, then hangs up.

Any help would be most gratefully accepted.
Joe

This is all really basic stuff for someone who's been through the training classes for this system. I'd recommend signing up for one and getting certified on the system so you can develop a good understanding before you start changing settings. This will answer all of your questions. If that isn't an option, you'd best let the original installer or another certified dealer continue maintaining it. Some will make programming changes remotely for a lower fee.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I've been told neither of those options are possible. I am required to manage the things and I am not allowed to get official training on them, due to cost is my best guess.

Just a peon trying to do my job. [sad]

Well, then I'd say you're between a rock and a hard place. While I'll certainly give you credit for taking the time to read the manual (it sounds like you only have 1 of the 3 total), they're basic because they're written for dealers who have gone through factory training and been taught how to use the various features. If you haven't completed this, I don't see how you can support this equipment effectively. At least here in the states, we can't sell, install, or even get the software before getting certified. I don't expect you'll find much help here or elsewhere because those of us who have spent considerable time and money on this are frankly putting ourselves out of business by providing free help.

I'd recommend explaining this situation to your employer in more detail and refer them back to the dealer that originally installed the system. If that dealer in no longer in business, there's likely another in your area as well as numerous others around the country that offer remote support.

As TAinKC said you have basic understanding and the list of docs you want don't exist all manuals will show how to do different options but only the installer and the customer who told him what he wants the system to do known the setup of your system.

If a new engineer was on site he/ she would have to look at the programming to see how your system is setup to work. I think it is a setup for someone who knows how to setup call routing as you could cause incoming call issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back