Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDE Networking, where to begin 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSnow01

Vendor
Oct 3, 2011
US
Hello all,

I've just finished the installation of two TDE100's for a customer, and now we would like to explore the possibility of networking them together, for calling between sites, transferring calls and such. With this in mind, we have 1xx series extensions at the main site and 2xx series at the branch office. They both have 16-channel VoIP-DSP cards installed, with the baseline 4 VoIP trunks licensed. The sites have an MPLS network set up between them. I've pored over the documentation, but I'm still not sure where to begin. I've created/installed the V-IPGW16 on the virtual shelf at both sites, is this a good first step? Any input is appreciated and will help me avoid the dreaded call to Panasonic Support.

you have to setup the gateway card with the number to ip translation table and in system number plan setup lead number of other system

you have to set up tie network for dial number to go out the ip gateway trunks

most of the settings are done on the card propertys, too much to explain on here

have a look at the options and play around with the settings and use the help files on the tool, come back and ask about parts your stuck on

There was a document on the psnareseller.com website, the IP Networking Guide. It gave me some steps, very much like what you have described. I used the Extension Number Method as the extensions at the first site are 1xx and the branch are 2xx. Followed all the steps, when I dial the far-end extension number, it pauses, then returns busy tone, nothing displays on the screen. Should I be able to access the VoIP trunk group by dialing 7? I get dial tone when I enter 7 but I can't dial anything after that.

Have you set up the IP address of the other site and asigned the far end lead digit to that gateway?

I want to make sure I understand:

In DN2IP, I put in the leading digit of the remote PBX and told it to use GW No.1
In GW Settings, I put in the IP address of the remote PBX' DSP card under GW No.1 settings.
In Private Network -> TIE Table, I assigned the leading digit of the remote PBX and told it to use trunk group 7 when calling.
VoIP trunks from the Virtual IPGW16 card are assigned to trunk group 7 in CO & Incoming Call -> CO Line Settings

One thing that puzzles me, looking at CO & Incoming Call -> CO Line Settings, each VoIP trunk is duplicated in the list, so there are two entries for Slot 1, Port 1, two entries for slot 1, port 2, etc., all the way up to slot 1 port 8. How do these entries correspond to the VoIP pathways?

they are setup in pairs so it will shoe 1/1 and 1/2, but in trunks they run 1-16 for that slot

the ip address should be the system one and not the dsp.

Have you checked the slot/ activation keys the number of activated ip gw 0 / 4 ( or 16 depends on the dsp and licences)
it should show 2 / 4 or 4 / 4 to tell the system you want to use as gateway not sip trunks. if you have 4 sip trunks you will need to buy more ip trunk licences

Yes, I activated the 4/4 IP GW trunks, they are not doing any SIP trunking currently.
I'll try setting the IP address to the main processor, instead of the DSP, hopefully that's the missing piece of the puzzle!
Thanks

Ok, so here's where I'm at. Working with TeleDynamics tech support, we went through all the settings for both sites, and everything is programmed correctly according to him. The VoIP test tool indicates all is well with the network settings. And yet, when I dial a three-digit extension on the far-end PBX, I get a delay (3-5 secs.) followed by busy signal, then call drops. What could be the cause? Can anyone look at Wireshark captures from the MAINT port and tell me what they indicate, if anything?

have you set the allowed numbers for incoming through the gateway

Where in the programming tool is this done?
Thank you

slot,shelf property, virtual ipgateway hunt patteren, lead number, you need to put the lead extension number of its own extension range

Yes, this is set, to "1" for main system with 1xx extension numbering and "2" for the branch office with 2xx series extensions. Out of curiosity, what does "CDPG1" correspond to?

Few questions

Have you set both gateway ip address in the system ipmpr card?
in ipgw16 card/ gw settings have you left gw group = none
have you set dn2ip to gateway that matches the gateway selected for gw settings/ ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back