Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDA50g and TVA disconnecting from PC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merbac

Programmer
Apr 1, 2008
US
Downloaded the Panasonic Maintenance consoles on a customer desktop for their TDA50g and TVA. We ran cat5e cables (120') from the phone system to her PC, running Windows 7. We are using the Tripp-Lite 4 port usb hub for her to connect. We tested the cat5e cables, changed the cables that connect to the tda and tva and the patch cables. She can connect for a few minutes and then she will get disconnected. Getting error messages of:

"W000002 Do you connect by Forced Login Mode" (present connection will be terminated)
"E030104 the other pc connection is logging in to system programming" (although nobody else has access)

I have plugged my laptop in without disconnecting.

She says that it seems like she is getting disconnected when calls are ringing in or when the caller hangs up. She also makes sure that no other programs are running.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

The very first question I would ask is "why are you trying to get into the maintenance console from 120 feet away?" In fact, why is the attendant even wanting MC functions?

They make USB extenders, but for the price of a used PC and monitor, I can spend less than $200 and put a dedicated PC with network access right next to the phone system with a free version of logmein and have access to the phone system, call accounting, and voice mail if I choose.

LkEErie

if you don't want to put in a cti card or ip card or lan cards in tda or tvs and set port fwd on the outside ip address , install stock modems in both units (you will wish did )
and use an analog ext to dial internally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back