Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDA50 call disconnect after beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TColling

Technical User
Mar 24, 2014
Hi - I own a small business that has a Panasonic TDA50 phone system. The telcom company that sold and installed it has not been able to solve this problem:

When the office is closed, we have the automated attendant programmed to allow callers to press 2, and then 3, to be transferred to the "on duty manager"'s cell phone. When we receive calls on our cell phones, using that setup , fairly often there is a problem where about five minutes into the call we hear a series of beeps, and then the call disconnects. This happens when the phones are set up to transfer to all of our cell phones, not just one, and some are on verizon and some are on AT&T cell networks.

Can anyone suggest what we might need to change in our Panasonic's settings to solve this problem?

Thanks!

There is a co to co timer in co group settings. By default it is 10 minutes

Hi OBtsystems: Thank you for answering my question. I appreciate your help!

In your question, does "co" mean "central office"?

Is that setting found in the TVA software, or is it in the TDA software?

I have the software for the TVA50 but not for the TDA50. My system vendor has been pretty unresponsive and didn't know about this setting. Is there a way that I can get the software for the TDA50 for my own use, to solve this?

Thanks!

No...here in the states that software is available only to certified dealers...
The CO-CO duration timer is a very basic setting....if your dealer really didn't know about it, time to call a different one.

No...here in the states that software is available only to certified dealers...
The CO-CO duration timer is a very basic setting....if your dealer really didn't know about it, time to call a different one."

Yeah. I'm thinking that too. Once I told the tech all this stuff, over the phone, he was able to walk me through the steps to do it from one of the desktop phone units. Still, I'm not very satisfied with them. I have said for some time that I'm not very satisfied with our Panasonic system, but I have to wonder whether it's the system, or just the vendor. For example, they have told us that we can't get caller ID history for more than the past ten or 20 calls, and then only after some arcane process of programming buttons that interferes with the ability to do other things on the phones.

Thanks to everyone for your help here, though! :)

Yes I have had a few calls about a new system and when I told them I did Panasonic they said they have one of those and it would not do anything they wanted
Their old vendor just said no to any feature they asked for and did not show them how it works. They just give the system a bad name and I wish it was locked down to dealers here like in the states

@obtsystems: Sounds like you could be a good source of help for us.

For example, our current vendor has told us that we can't get caller ID history for more than the past ten or 20 calls, and then only after some arcane process of programming buttons that interferes with the ability to do other things on the phones.

Is that something that you could help us with, with a better outcome? If so, please let me know how I can contact you.

Thanks!

Their old vendor just said no to any feature they asked for and did not show them how it works. They just give the system a bad name and I wish it was locked down to dealers here like in the states

I agree with OBT. A tech who fails to implemet a feature may simply lie to a client that the feature is not available.

I have heard such similar calls from several clients from USA, UK, the GULF and the Caribbean.

And the Global version of the Maintenance console can not connect to a TDA50 as far as i know.

For programming USA systems i use the latest version of the USA Maintenance console Ver7.7
And Maintenance console Ver7.8 for global.

I am in Ireland, so I don't think I would be much use to you, I think you should get a new maintenance guy and he will prove himself by sorting this in 15 minutes

By default, all calls to an ICD group are enabled in the ICD group (CALL LOG ICD GROUP).
It uses a button and the Navigate key. On a 24 or 36 button set it's very convenient.

LkEErie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back