Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDA200 with PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonemstr

Vendor
Nov 21, 2003
US
Hi Everyone.

I'm a new Panasonic TDA Dealer in N.H., here in the states. We are cutting over our first TDA200 with a PRI this weekend. The system programming looks straight forward. I was wondering if there is anyone with some insight on installing a PRI on the TDA and if there are any curve balls that might be thrown at me by the local co and cause me problems. We have done many Avaya PRI installs and every phone system seems to have their own peculiarities.

Any input would be appreciated.

I'dd be leary of doing it on a weekend because if you
do run into a snag you are sol for tech support.
is this an brand new install or is this a
running system that you are adding a pri to?
do you have an adtran ace? who is the pri provider?
is threre going to be D.I.D?

This is new install to replace an existing Merlin Legend. The Legend has a T1 that is being reconfigured as a PRI. We do have an Adtran ACE CSU. It's not that I expect any trouble, I'm just looking to get any feedback from other Installers on any problems they ran into installing a PRI on the TDA. It actually seems a lot simpler to setup on the Panasonic TDA than on Avaya Merlin Legend.

it is at that! or the mitel for that matter.
are you going to have d.i.d or is this just like 23 out going lines/ a giant incoming hunt group?btw i am in new england as well.

PRI should fire up on the default paramaters, just program CO lines for DID or DIL as required

The install went great. No problems. I didn't change a thing from the defaults, just added the DID numbers in the table. very easy.

I did have one issue. When dialing out there was a delay before the dialed number was sent. You need to set the Dialing Plan under 6.Feature to TypeB using the auto assign button. By default it is TypeA. This will eliminate the dial out delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back