Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDA15 Maintenance console 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khosher

Technical User
Dec 4, 2005
IE
Has anyone got a copy of the latest software and willing to share ?

Try this URL
all the software is there. The only problem is the zips and pdf's are password protected.
If anyone has the password it would be appreciated. The older files do not seem to be protected.

they are protected to stop non cert installers from using them. if you have a cert ring your supplier he will be glad to give it to you.

peter

Hi TimB48

Like you, I am having problems getting passwords for the software zip files. Have you managed to get them.

We have a fully legitimate, six month old KX-TDA 15 installation, but I just cannot get hold of the latest maintenance console software - even Panasonic won't give them to me, which seems completely bizarre since it is an essential part of the system I have bought!

Andrew

sounds like you are not cert in the eyes of
panasonic.

Well, the system was installed by an authorised Panasonic dealer, so I don't know how much more "cert" it could be.

I am guessing that the issue is, because our installer wants to keep us on a maintenance contract, it is not in his interests to divulge the information - and when I spoke to Panasonic, they just stonewalled me.

the cert is not in regards to the system , its in regards to the person who installed the system he had to pay up to $1000 to panasonic for the training to install it and on completion he recieved a cert for just that system i myself have 7 certs from panasonic.

peter

Well, with the aid of the trial version of Ulitmate Zip cracker and my crossword skills, I have managed to work it out for myself!

I do not want to breach any copyright by publishing the information here, but if anyone else is wanting this information, they could do worse than to try the same method.

I can't wait untill you really screw things up in programing

i agree its great to crack the software... and you could do worse so now when when you login and start playing with it and not knowing what your looking at you mess it up. dont be surprised when trained people on this site and others start asking for payment to help people out because you in your greed just couldnt pay for the service call.

peter

If my car needs some oil, I would expect to lift the bonnet, unscrew the cap and pour some in. If, on the other hand, my car requires a new clutch, I would take it to the garage.

If all I want to do is to change an ARS carrier, I do not really think it should be necessary for me to call out a service engineer. On the other hand, if my system requires major maintenance, of course I would use an engineer and pay the appropriate costs.

that could have been done thru the keypad
you just had to have the software
If you were my client which by the way i'dd have changed
that carrier code via dialup or other for free
you would have voided your warantee by your actions!

the cap on your engin was made to unscrew just for that reason...if it had a lock on it would you have smashed it off.?
i would bet that the zip password cracker is also stolen from some software programmer who thought that €10 wasnt to much to ask for !!!

peter
also if you dont think you Haven't done anything wrong put your company name and address on your next post

Just another point of view here.....

There are different access levels in the TDA software for a reason. And with those software access levels, certain programming areas can be allowed and disallowed.

I don't think Panasonic wrote it this way for no reason.

I don't think its fair that you just flat out say the software isn't for users, when by design it quite clearly is to a certain extent.

If you guys thought about it, you could actually stand to make a little bit more cabbage on your installs if you included the software (And basic training on its operation). And then when you install the software, you could cater it to allow certain functions, eg name change, ICD members, carrier code table, toll restriction level. Other than that, you could bar all the other programming functions to that login level, and thus save yourselves time and phone call for basic programming changes that a cluey IT person could do quite easily.

And because of you doing this, it would stand to reason that the customer would trust you more as you wouldn't be having to charge them for quick 5 minute jobs to change minor MB's. And with that trust, the customer would be more inclined to go to you first for bigger works, even though you may be a bit more expensive than dodgy nick down the road.

To be honest, the software is not that hard to use, and out of the roughly, 8 different brands of systems that I've had the 'pleasure' of working on, the TDA programming software is by far, the simplest and easiest software to use. It really wasn't designed to be for technician's only.

hi shardian

maby i wasnt to clear so here goes
i have no problem with an installer giving the software to a customer.
i have no problem with a customer using or asking for help with software that was given to them by an installer
i have often given the software to a customer and shown them how to use it.
i do however mind software address being given out on this site then people telling others how to crack it.

As with TimB48 and amlockwood above
i feel that the best thing is if panasonic found a new way dis the software ie secure ftp.this way only installers with cert and legit customers could have control of the system however 1 thing i do know from this point on i will lock down the systems i install.word.

thats what bugs me thats how it is here how hard
would it be for the PAN UK to have a dealer only website

I agree of course in the fact that the software shouldn't be just downloaded by any body and that cracking the zip password isn't right.

I'm just making the point the all this 'cert' rubbish is just that. And that if more installers provided the tool to customers on a limited basis, I feel that some of these problems wouldn't be so big.

But yeah, Pana UK are being pretty slack not passwording their site. And locking down your system doens't really do that much. Just gotta pull the SD card and you can view the password on there. Maybe Panasonic are getting a bit slack on passwords across the board.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back