Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDA 30 ISDN remote maintenance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakos

Technical User
Jul 3, 2007
CY
I would like to learn methods to programe PBX remotely.

1. I tried optional modem card but i find it very slow!

2. To establishe ISDN remote maintenance, i need any optional cards or PC components???

Thanks

no: not on the system just point a ddi to to the remote maintenance port.you will need an ISDN modem for your pc (or laptop ) as you must call system from an IDN line.

peter (

'no: not on the system just point a ddi to to the remote maintenance port.you will need an ISDN modem for your pc (or laptop ) as you must call system from an IDN line.'

Well i route a DDI TO EXT 699.
My PC is connected to So Bus of the ISDN modem?? I am asking that because my PC has serial and analogue modem ports.
Thanks.

To add on them horrible sites that do not have a spare DDI.
You get then enable CLI Routing in your DDI Table/DIL table.

As long as your releasing CLI and they recieve it you can then put your number in the Speed dial table with the 9 infront of the number and then point it to 699.

The above may not be suitable if your setup only releases the one outgoing number in case you need to actually ring them. I am lucky enough to be behind an Avaya IPOffice where I use a prefix which then sends out a specific CLI from our site.

OR another way that has really got me out the cr&p is to do a *7102699# (call forward all) to a handset that has a DDI pointing to it.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

thanks
I did it!!!
First time i heared for PC-isdn modem Card.

The Provider

Using CLI routing is worth a star - It never occured to me. I've had to program a "break" button and routed the call to x699 from that. You have to ring the customer to get them to put the system in to break...

Using CLI is loads neater

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

i have a customer who connected his pc to a system via usb then used remote desktop to log onto the pc + system using fixed ip address
works great

peter

''i have a customer who connected his pc to a system via usb then used remote desktop to log onto the pc + system using fixed ip address
works great''

You connected an IP-GW4 card??

I've started using wireless broadband cards for our trainees. We give them a laptop and a wireless card and send them to jobs. They connect up and do everything they can an if it gets tricky, I just use PC anywhere to remote control their laptop and finish the job from the office. Easier than driving all over the state, send them out and do the rest from the comfort of my office.

For me sometimes an MSN number which is the group with the pilot is used, but i failed to connect. So i use CLI method with Speed dials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back