Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDA 200 DISA message format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piast

Programmer
Jul 1, 2005
PL
In KX-TDA Maintenance Console it is possibility to transfer DISA message file to PBX from PC and from PBX to PC. What is this file format? I want to prepare messages on PC and then transfer it into PBX. I can develop application to create non-standard audio file, but I need to know what format it should be.

if you had the utility you'd already know

I don' understand. What utility? I have KX-TDA Maintenance Console and I can transfer messages form PBX to PC but I don't know what file format is it. I can also transfer from PC to PBX but only files I previously transfered from PBX. If I get this file format I will by able to prepare my own file to transfer to PBX.

save a message and then you will know!

As far as I know, there isn't a way to transfer a file from a PC to the PBX without actually recording it.

To record it, you would need to hook the output of something like a sound card for a PC up to the MOH port of the phone system.

Then an extension assigned as manager can begin the recording process, and conference in the MOH port. Before you initiate the conference though, you may want to mute the handset so you don't get any extra noise...

To cwc3: I have saved message and I don't know:) This file is without extension. It is binary file in "Panasonic format".
To sheridan: When I transfer message from PBX to PC I can transfer it back so I have possibility to transfer messages from PC to PBX, if I only know file format. I noticed that byte nr 1 means message channel in DISA.
I know that I can record it from MOH port but I think that "digital" transfer should be better.

In KX-TDA Maintenance Console it is possibility to transfer DISA message file to PBX from PC and from PBX to PC. What is this file format? I want to prepare messages on PC and then transfer it into PBX. I can develop application to create non-standard audio file, but I need to know what format it should be.

why would you want to over complicate things?

Why do you think that I want to complicate things? I think that complicate is to convert sound that I have in digital form (file with sampled sound) to analog signal (through sound card for example), to connect this signal to PBX MOH input, and then PBX will convert it to digital format in PBX memory.
I want to transfer digital file from PC to PBX memory. Is this more complicated?
If it is possible to save message from PBX to PC and back from PC to PBX with KX-TDA Maintenance Console, then it is possible to prepare file to transfer new file from PC to PBX. I only need to know this file format.

who has ever uses disa anyway the voicemail handles call
way better!

If DISA is enough for me, should I buy VoiceMail becouse it is better, right?

The new TVM can do what you need. I think it is called something else in the US, but I can't remember.

DISA is still good for those customers that don't need voice mailor can't afford it, but I think you should just bite the bullet and record from your computer the way the manual says - via the MOH port.

If there was a way to do this, I'm sure panasonic would have put it in the manual....as it isn't, perhaps what you want isn't even possible....

yeah the guys an end user with a lot of time on his hands!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back