Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TD816 system lockout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gredpiroutte

Technical User
Oct 15, 2004
CA
I have just inherited responsibility for a TD816 with 3 lines, 5 KXT7230C sets, 1 KX-T7880 and a fax. I can make changes to the sets themselves ("program 99 etc") but I can't get access to the system from any of the sets. The set rejects (three tones) "program **1234" as soon as I hit the first "*". A fairly thorough perusal of the manual has not proved helpful. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

gred

sounds like you are not on the programing ext if it rejects
the fist star!!

Thanks for the reply.

I understood from the manual that any of the exts could function as a programming ext. I also tried each the same operation on each of the sets as installed. Do I actually have to be connected to a particular physical jack in the pbx?

yes you must use jack 01 ext 101 by default
if you are not sure where that is take a display
phone into the phone closet and plug directly into
jack 01

I tried Jack01<=>Ext101 and the system denies access but only when I hit the "*" for the second time. Do I have to cycle through all the possible ext numbers until I find the correct one?

Aha!
Strange that that is not is suggested in the manual!
Now I can actually proceed with trying to figure out how to make the necessary changes.
Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back