Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

td1232 and tv100 call forward to CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirkPhone

Technical User
Aug 10, 2006
US
I have a 1232 and a tv100 and am having a strange issue with trying to forward calls to external numbers. I have a -1 cabinet and I when I setup the extension (118) to forward to CO ( fwd/dnd-6-9-cell phone #-# ) it only partially works. If I pickup any other phone internally and call that extension (118) it picks up an external CO line and dials the cell phone correctly. But, if you call from outside and the auto attendant picks up, when you dial the extension (118) it quickly flashes the CO light and then dumps right back into the auto attendant. I have checked that all Class of Services have external transfer enabled, and that the extension is in the correct COS. My Dialing parameters are still set to the system defaults as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dirk

yes change ext transfer sequence from fxa to fxd tvs does not do a blind transfer out of the box !

Thanks for the replys, but Ext Transfers are already set to FXD. Operatot transfer is set to FX and alt ext transfers are set to FX, but we do not use any Alt Ext transfer functions. I do not believe that the -1 cabinet that we have has the true trunk supervision function that the -4 and later seem to have, from what I have found. Obviously I am also setup for D-PITS integration. Is there something that would cause just the one extension to act this way, even if all extensions use the same COS settings?

Thanks again.
Dirk

if you make a test call and manually transfer to that ext does off premise transfer work?

I haven't tried that... I'll give it a try in the morning and post results.

So I called in on an external line, then answer that line from a different extension (130) and transfer the call to the forwarded extension (118), and I can hear the call start to dial the external number. If I transfer the call off the 130 extension before the call is ringing externally, the test call just hangs on hold. If I wait until the transfer starts to ring the outside number, then the forward works. But obviously the voicemail system is not trying to hold the forward until the external number is already ringing, so I assume that is my problem.

Thanks,
Dirk

I think I just figured it out. I set the Extension Transfer to FXWD to see if it would wait for the transfer just like I was having to do manually and it seems like it is transferring calls correctly. It also looks like if you dial the extension on the intercom internally, it transfers out to the external number correctly. The only thing I can find that is a little strange is if you call between internal extensions (intercom to intercom) and then try to transfer that call to the external forwarded extension, you have to warm transfer the call (i.e. have to wait for the call to start ringing before you can hang up). That is not a big deal to me as that is very rarely used around here.

Thanks
Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back