Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP Port 81 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepalm

Technical User
May 28, 2001
NZ
I have changed to TCP Port 81 on my IIS 5.1 XP Server but cannot connect with localhost:81, when I change back to port 80 I have no problem.

any suggestions

thanks

Hi,

I actually had this problem with port 8080. What I determined to be the problem was the firewall. XP's, if on, will allow you to pass to IIS on port 80. Try looking to see if the firewall updated to allow port 81 through. If you aren't using XP's firewall check what you are using.

hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply

I have windows firewall and disabled it to try port 81 but I still cannot get to intrenal website, I have also re-installed IIS and same problem, this is really strange

Here is another idea to try, open the command prompt and do a trace route to see where the hangup is. Once you get thatm let us know and we can work of that. Here is a link that explains how to use the command:

Maybe another application use port 81... Try netstat -a in cmd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back