Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP Performance Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

edkaye

Programmer
Sep 24, 2002
US
I have a problem with TCP performance on Windows 2000 Server (SP4). It seems that once TCP decides to slow down transmitting data, it never recovers back to the full bandwidth that is available. Is this a problem in the way MS implemented TCP stack or is there some parameters to "tweek" to get better performance out of TCP?

i'm pretty sure if there's any setting for tweeking this, they're going to be buried in the registry.we did some lab testing on this os, and it's network performance was notably poor, doing pretty much ANYTHING. for instance, a quad ppro 200mhz with 192MB of RAM running unix was EASILY twice as fast as a quad xeon 500mhz 2MBcache with 2GB of RAM running win2k. i'm not bashing MS here, that was just the facts.being a unix user, i don't have a windows box laying around to poke on. sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back