Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP/IP for W3.x 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2001
US
I know there is a utility for setting up tcp/ip for w3.x, but I can't find it. Had it last year, but it never worked. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks. Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

[americanflag]

"There is only one good: knowledge; and only one evil: ignorance."
Socrates (470- 399 BC); Greek philosopher.

I can't believe how simple the solution was. I've tried 3 different nics. I decided to test the one I had and installed it in mine. Took my cheapy aopen nic, got some drivers and had tcp/ip installed in a matter of minutes. Not only can I see all my servers, a lindows box, I can even ping google.com. Thanks for the help. Learned a heck of a lot. Glen A. Johnson
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

"It's not what you look at that
matters, it's what you see."
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862); US essayist, poet.

Glad you got it going! [thumbsup]
Jim

Please come back and let us know if your
problem is fixed and what fixed it!! [thumbsup2]

Thanks. Lot of frustration, lots of joy. Glen A. Johnson
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

"It's not what you look at that
matters, it's what you see."
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862); US essayist, poet.

Hello,
I seem to have a similar problem.I've managed to setup Microsoft's network client in MSDOS in my old 80286 and everything worked all right with TCP/IP on it.
Now I want to have network access inside windows for workgroups 3.10 (not 3.11) that can be run on a 80286 machine. I mean I want to browse the internet inside windows. Is it possible to setup my IP address,Gateway,DHCP,etc from DOS and make those setting visible to Windows? I've read somewhere else something about winpkt driver that uses DOS tsr to give access to the NIC from inside Windows.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Come on you guru guys out there,please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back