Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP/IP Dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackiechan

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2005
US
On a Windows 2000 server, we are having an issue where most of the clients connecting to it are having disconnection issues. I heard that 2000 and 2003 servers had a tcp/ip issue where it was bouncing but have not been able to find anything through the Microsoft website. The same source that told me this said they were sure there was a patch for it? Anybody heard of this issue and a patch for it? Any information is greatly appreciated it.

Thanks a ton!

Thank you for the reply. Sorry, Let me clarify. These are remote clients connecting through the internet and as I stated before, their connection just seems to drop. However, ping and internet connectivity continue without interruption.

Oh, my mistake sorry, I thought you meant local connections.

I'm not familiar with the issue, we have some remote users that come in via a VPN on Windows 2000 server, and i've not had any reported issues.

Perhaps you will get more help in the Remote Access Issues forum,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back