Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP/IP connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundust1

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
US
I posted in PC general. A network issue. Every 20 minutes or so i get booted off the network. I have a 3com card when i go to protperties there is no reference for power supply. I'm also using windows XP i have cable modem surfboard. I'm using the ethernet card connected in the modem. I have a third party Firewall panda internet security and i don't see anything that would boot me off the network. Does anyone have any suggestions. Please help

sundust1

Well, I have a few questions:

1) Is the network wireless or cabled? I think I know the answer, but just making sure.
2) Is there a firewall on the cable modem +/or any routers or servers along the network?
3) What processes do you have running?

I have a cable modem motorola surfboard connected to a 3com etherlink 10/100 pci card. I'm using a 3rd party firewall that is enabled for the 3com. I can't find any settings about ps that might be knocking me off the network. It happens about every 20 minutes. I believe it is a ps problem but, am not sure. i hope this is enough information. let me know.
Sundust1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back