Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tcl Client-Server protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee1

Programmer
May 31, 2011
IL
Hi,
I have written a simple server<->multi client connection program, and i have a few questions i can't find an answer to:
1. Is there any way a client can check if the server is busy with another client?
2. Can i close all client connection from the server session? how?
3. How can i stop the server session (stop listening)? i am using "vwait" but it seems that the only way to set the vwait variable is through a client session...

Many Thanks!

In 8.6 (at least)... chan

1. Is there any way a client can check if the server is busy with another client?
check out chan pending

2. Can i close all client connection from the server session? how?
Try chan close. I haven't ever used it.

. How can i stop the server session (stop listening)? i am using "vwait" but it seems that the only way to set the vwait variable is through a client session...
Again chan close. If it didn't work in the previous case, it might here.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I still have problem with stopping the server (question #3). when i the server starts listening i can't execute new commands in the server's shell. can i run the server to listen in the background?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back