Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Taxi software and SIP endpoints 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

caversham4

Technical User
Apr 7, 2012
GB
Hi
Has anyone had any dealings with any taxi software that uses any other method of screen popping on an IPO essential apart from 1st/3rd party tapi?
I have a client that wants to "discuss" the possibility of using a SIP connection of some description, not too sure if they are talking about SIP trunks or 3rd party endpoints so I thought I would ask the question..[ponder]
Cheers

Nope, but man are taxi companies tight, we've only had dealings with a few (fairly recently) and they are proper penny pinchers.
One used Mercury, one used Cordic (they both used TAPI) and the other just got a shed load of SIP trunks and ran them on a system designed specifically for taxi companies called Phantom (by Autocab) :)

Yeah, tight is the word!! guess Uber must be biting deep..[dazed].. Seen the Phantom system before, thought they has an older version called Ghost too..

Thanks for the info, glad its not me going bonkers [tongue]

Leading on from my previous post... it seems that the customer wants to send the tapi info to an external cloud server, works ok onto an PC with an internal device, I have told them that this cant be done, am I right?
They have also purchased a single SIP trunk licence as a trial to see if they can connect via SIP trunk connection and send the CLID info to the external cloud server.. any ideas if this can be done either??

Cheers

If they can install TAPI on the cloud server and that can connect to the IPO I guess it could be done, or do they want some kind of proxy forwarding the information to the cloud server?

What are they trying to achieve with the SIP trunk? Just to send the CLID but still handle the calls on the IPO?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hi

They are trying to get a taxi software program thats hosted off site in the cloud to intergrate with TAPI or use a SIP trunk for connectivity and pass the CLID to the software...hard work just for screen popping if you ask me..

Cheers

They can't use a SIP trunk just for CLID, they could use TAPI for that though.

Scrap the previous messages...

It turns out they want to use a WebRTC program that they have developed that seems to use a cloud based Taxi screen popping user and want to intergrate the IPO onto it..

Why they dont get the current ISDN2 numbers onto the cloud and utilise it that way is beyond me...

However could i use a 3rd party endpoint licence to do this?? Users on the IPO arent a problem, but what other IPO configuration do I need to factor in?

Looking at Avayas pages it seems I need a release 10 and some sort of Avaya Communicator, is this correct?

Any help would be great

Thanks

You'll need to get someone with advanced design skills on-board to help you answer these questions, you should be able to get Pre-Sale help from you dist or Avaya.

I can't give you any answers without knowing the whole picture, which would include talking to the customer about their software and knowing how you plan to implement the solution and based on that make a design recommendation or say it isn't possible. (although everything is possible with enough money and time)

They are working backwards, they would normally develop their software and have it tested to integrate with various systems, like Avaya, Mitel, Shoretel etc etc.... that's part of development, the cost of doing business in that industry. You can't just develop your own software and expect multi national companies to expend time, money and effort to integrate with your sh1t with no benefit to themselves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back