Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

taskbar problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmz21

Programmer
May 5, 2005
US
Hello,
I have the taskbar set to autohide, but sometimes it does not disappear. This causes problems because sometimes I can't see action buttons at the bottom of the screen because they are hidden by the taskbar.
Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the taskbar to not autohide?

Any thoughts would be great.
Thanks

It is as small as it can be at the moment. The problem isn't necessarily the size of the taskbar, it's that sometimes it won't autohide. I don't know if a program running might keep it from hiding, but it just won't disappear.

Where is the mouse arrow in relation to the Taskbar on these failure to hide occasions?

Is any running program trying to attract your attention by flashing itself?

What difference does selecting or unselecting "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows" make?
"This ensures (or not) that the taskbar is always visible, even when you run a program in a maximized (full-screen) window."

Repairs.

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back