Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Task update I can not see in Inbox ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

narine

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2004
AM
Hi, I have some problem. I send a task to a person. He send me status "acsept", a see this, later he send "updated", for example complate "50 %", I can not see this in Inbox, but in task list his status changed from 0% to 50%. In fact i have to check all task manualy for see status. A search properties in options , but nothing . Help please .....

I am not sure that I completely understand your question, but I will give it a shot.

I am assuming that you are using Outlook, and when you look at your task list, you want to be able to see the status for all tasks on the task page immediately, rather than opening them up one by one to see the status.

If that assumption is correct, there is an easy fix. Go to the task page and right click on the field bar that is right over the task list box and under the toolbars/menus. You probably have 'subject' and 'due date' as the default. After right clicking, you will get a menu. Choose 'field chooser' then grab and drag '% complete' up to the spot you want it to show on your task list. Maybe right after due date.

Hope this is what you were looking for. Good luck.

Thanks Doroth, you help me.Yes, I use OUTLOOK XP.
In fact, when someone send me a status "upgrated task", i see it in "inbox", when i open it, and then close , it is deleted from "inbox" , but in task list its task status changed to 50% (for example). I know, that the status message will remain in "inbox" unless i open it, but why it deleted if i don't open it ???

After I assign tasks to other users, I want to get status on their progress.
When they update the task, it sends me an update in the form of an e-mail to
my inbox. Once I open the e-mail update, the changes are posted to the task
that I am tracking. But now I can not see e-mail update, becouse when it arrave to my inbox, it become deleted from inbox ,and the status of that task become automatically update . I want to open that update manually, such before. What is wrong in my outlook ?
thanks

narine.

There is nothing wrong with your outlook, when someone sends you an update to a task the task will be automatically updated and the update is then deleted as it is of no use anymore.
It's the same when you send the task out, it appears in the users inbox until they accept it then it appears in their task folder.
Any information that was on the update should also bne transfered to the task in your outlook.

Thanks dhulbert. Every day I send almost 5 tasks to users, In our organization there are 60 users and every day I sent tasks them. In my task folder there are almost 500 not comleted tasks. Thats why I wont to open tasks manualli, befory they become deleted. Before I can open it manually, after wich they become deleted auomatically :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back