Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

task scheduler won't run

Status
Not open for further replies.

crows27

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
US
I have a w2k server that i'm trying to schedule the backups on but i am unable to start the task scheduler. It gives me error 5 saying it cannot be started on the local machine. When the server was setup an admin password was created that is different from the domain admin password....would that be the problem? I can't find anything on the MS site.

thanks

MS site won't give you useful info, they WANT you to pay for techsupport.
try for more info.

The problem culd be, that the schedule service isn't started ont he computer u'r trying to do this on.

See if it's running, if not start it.
You must have premission to do backup.
Create special account for it, that shuld work. If your looking for something and you can't find what your looking for, try searching where you think you won't find what your looking for.

it was the permissions....i changed passwords for the local computer off the network then connected to network again with domain password and task scheduler is up and running.

take care

Kupo et al.,

I've been reading some of the posts but am still somewhat confused.

Q1)Does task scheduler run BAT or EXE files?

Q2)To launch Excel and schedule a woorkbook to open and then CLOSE it, how would I go about utilizing scheduler?

Warmest,
Matt

In the message above I mean what syntax is needed to launch an Excel spreadsheet and then close it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back