Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Task Scheduler Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsp7777

Programmer
Jan 11, 2005
US
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me in regards to using Windows Task Scheduler? I have attempted to use it numerous times (to run batch jobs at night, etc.), but it seems to run half the time and at other times it won't. When I check the log in Task Scheduler I see an error message such as the following:

"CompactandRepair.job" (CompactandRepair.bat) 6/30/2005 10:14:00 AM ** ERROR **
The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed, therefore, the task did not run.
The specific error is: 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.
Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.

What I have normally done is delete the job and then create it again. This may work for a day or two, and then I receive the same error as above (by choosing "View Log" in the Scheduled Tasks window). Any ideas as to what to do at this point? Is Task Scheduler not really a reliable tool to use for scheduling tasks?

Thanks in advance!

Is this being done on a server? what account have you tasked to do this? Have you granted it the correct rights? Can you not use the local system account? or maybe the admin account??

This is being done on my local machine. I am logged in as myself (I have Admin rights). I guess I could use the Admin account and see what happends.

Thanks.

Thanks. I appreciate it. (By the way, I haven't added any patches recently. I simply have XP Professional with SP2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back