Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Task Scheduler 0x8009000f object already exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremymc

Programmer
Oct 1, 2001
US
In windows 2000 server (sp2) when I try to schedule a new task I get General page initialization faild
The Specific error 0x8009000f
Object already exists.

It does add the task, but never runs it and if I look at the properties they are correct but I get the same error when I hit ok. No task with work properly.
I made sure protected storage service was running and that the task scheduler service was running as local system account and to interact with desktop.
Any Ideas?

I am having the same problem. Already did what you did...same results. Doesnt seem to be any documentation on Microsofts Site about it, either...Please let me know when you skin this cat.... mega24@killpo.com

Think I solved it. I went to %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA folder and opened the "Key Container" file in there (mine had only one) in notepad. Bunch of code, but Schedule was at the top. I figured this might be screwed up, so I renamed it, deleted my tasks, stopped and started the Schedule Service, and VOILA...workee workee...

Hope I didnt break anything...hehe. Since this is undocumented, I would suggest you try at your own risk. Hasnt done anything bad to me, but this is a test machine, so I dont care too much about it.

Hey It worked on my server (and its in production).
I took a chance, but it worked perfectly.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back