Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F):

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYEB

MIS
Jan 26, 2004
AU
Hi, whenever I try to download the address book I get this error message:

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

Has anyone had this problem? Please help.

Thanks.

Hi James,

Yesterday, the Offline Address Book was not rebuilding successfully (shown in the Exchange logs) but today was successful. However, if I try to download my address book I still get the same error message as before.

The link you gave me said that the Exchange system folder may need to be recreated, but is there any other way than doing this?

Thanks.

NYEB,
I had a similar issue, my event viewer showed an error (don't remember exactly what it was) when I tried to rebuild and my clients were getting the same 0x8004010F error. What it turned out to be was a replication issue. Look in the storage group, public folder store, I'm not sure whether it was it public folder instances or public folders but anyway look at the replication there and check whether it is set to replicate. Once I reset the replication for the OAL folders my problems went away.

Jim

Jim

Elegant solutions are nice, but right now I'll settle for whatever works.

I had a similar problem and found that the reference to the Offline Address Book on the Mailbox Store was empty.
After assigning the Offline Address Book (browse and found it), dismounting and remouting the Mailbox Store, the problem was resolved.

Here is the KB article I referenced and resolved my problem

Good luck
Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back