Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Task Microsoft exchange 0x80040101 an object could not be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilytwyn

Technical User
Apr 6, 2005
CA
Hello,

We recently moved two users over from one exchange 2003 server to another so that the original could be rebuilt. Everything seems to work fine with exception to using the send/receive button. I can send and receive email fine but when I click on that button I get the error Task Microsoft exchange reported error 0x80040101 an object could not be found.

We only moved the two users as a test. Whew! We've given the move ample time to digest. We've rebooted, checked DNS, tried changine settings in the send and receive options like excluding the address book, tried syncing with no details. Tried creating a new send/receive group. Tried a fresh install of outlook, tried disabling the cached mode. Nothing has worked. I've found lots of groups discussing this in google but nothing we've tried has helped. Any suggestions

Hi , Outlook is trying to download the Offline Address book from the exchange server. but of course it will take time to be built. Two possible solutions:

a) take outlook out of the "Cached mode" by editing the properties of the profile.

b) Open ESM and "rebuild" the Offile Address List.

good luck

Breakerfall
®º°¨¨°º can you ping me now...GOOD! º°¨¨°º®

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back