Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Task Manager doesn't work. Only shows CPU usage and history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy888

MIS
Aug 26, 2001
US
Please help. My Windows 2000 server's Windows Task Manager only shows green box for CPU usage and CPU usage history. I couldn't close it and couldn't see Application and Process tags information.I restarted server and restored registry, but it is still the same. I don't know it cause by virus or not. Please help! It is my Exchange 2000 server. My exchange's memory seems leak. After a while, it it low virtual memory warnning message appear. It is almost freeze. Please help!! It is very rush!! Thanks.

You may be able to use Prcess Explorer from Sysinternals to at least see what processes are running and see if any of them look suspicious and stop them if they do.

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

I have seen this before just double click in any grey area around the task manager window and you will get your normal task window back. Not sure why this happens but it took a bit to figure it out.

Yes do what ferraiaz suggested. Double-clicking the box will toggle between the two different views.

Thank you! I just had this problem also. I wish everything was this easy to fix!

Trisha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back