Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Task List

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolair

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
What do you guys prefer for keeping up with task lists and to-do lists - electronic, like Outlook, or paper and pen? iPad? PDA? Smartphone? Just curious as to what works best for you.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Silly me. I just figured that people who admin Windows Server 2003 had a way to keep themselves and their tasks organized. I was wondering if those with lots of experience had tried and true methods of keeping up with all they have to do. Whether that was paper, electronically, smartphone was what I was hoping they'd tell me. I'll go away now.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Ah. So you're asking based on Windows 2003 focused tasks and lists.

I don't use paper for anything. Ever. I do use Outlook tasks with reminders for trivial tasks.

For routine tasks, I automate nearly everything when possible.

For larger tasks, such as those around a specific project, I use SharePoint lists and MS Project files.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Thank you. I'm trying to get paperless here, but people keep sending me printouts. And I've bought them all nice big LCD screens to read from.....

MS Project looks interesting. I must check that out. I've been using a template in Excel for that. Project looks much better.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Our team use a WSS 3.0 website

Hope this helps. Please let me know if this resolve your issue

Jeff

Yeah, it all depends on the scope of what tasks you need to do. I'm all for automating the tasks so that they don't require intervention (backups, updates, etc.).

SharePoint and InfoPath are awesome for some things.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back