Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Targetting styled text via find/change then copying to clipboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIA2

Technical User
Aug 30, 2006
AU
Hi everyone,

I'm using ID CS2.

I'd like to select all portions of text in my InDesign file that is tagged with a particular style sheet, then copy all to another document. I've tried using the find/change dialogue where I'm able to target the particular style, but this only selects one instance of each styled line at a time and even then I can't get it to the clipboard. So is there a way to target all instances of this particular style at the same time, then copy it all to the clipboard at once - perhaps using a script?

Any help much appreciated.

have you tried to duplicate the file and to erase all the paragraphs that belong to any another style, with search/replace (for an space)?
or to replace all the paragraphs that have a particular property (different from the paragraph you want to copy) with an space? Then, at the end you obtain what you want. Obviously this work for not too much complicated files...

Thanks for the reply. I think your method would take too long due to the length of the file, but I ended up targetting the style that I wanted to isolate via a table of contents without the numbers, so this ended up doing the trick in next to no time.

Thanks again for your input though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back