Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

target not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamgraphics

Technical User
Aug 24, 2000
US
boy do I need help with this one.

Just trying to tell target on a movie clip (which I've given an instance) to goto and play a frame lable inside that movie clip. (not an imported .swf - it's a movie clip in the library)

ACTION IN THE MAIN MOVIE:

Begin Tell Target ("/armopen")
Go to and Play ("openrelax")
End Tell Target

(openrelax is the instance of the movie clip armopen on the main timeline)

I've done prety much everything in three different tutorials before I got here. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I can e-mail the .fla and the .swf to you if you're willing to look at it. I'm just stumpped!

bam@mid-hudson.com

when you assigned the tell target name, was armopen in the list to the right?

did you try just assigning a frame number instead of a name?

In the main timeline, put every little thing on its own layer and see if that helps (thats what solved it for me).

and, you are seeing this in the test movie control, not the main timeline playback.

tried it all. there must be something basic I'm doing wrong. Any chance I can send you the .fla (or ftp it) - you may recognize something right away.

bam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back