Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Target Line problem w XC 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

branchcom

Technical User
Apr 27, 2003
US
I'm having trouble w/ Target Lines 273-336.
I have XC 4.1 software, but when the received number is programmed and the prime set is designated to the ext. I need to ring, I get one quick burst ring at the set, and a telco error message as the caller.
However,if I do not program the received number at all, it rings to the Prime Set (ie. The System Operator).
The received number is OK because when I program it at a lower Target line, it works fine.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thank-you

Are you sure it is XC software?
Target line range from 145-275 non-XC SW, 145-336 XC SW.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for your response.
The card does have XC 4.1 SW on it,and if I'm not mistaken,you can't even attempt to program a target line above 275 if it isn't XC.
I may have to initialize the database and start from scratch.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I have had a few target lines go bad, but never that many. Are all lines in that range acting strange, or just some of them? Have you re-booted the system?

MarvO said it

Yes I did a system restart.
I didn't actually power the system down though.
Thanks

I am having this exact same problem with a customer that has 6.0 XC software. Did you ever find a fix for it? If so, please let me know, thanks. Z

Sounds like a corrupted upgrade to me, a reinstall should should fix the problem.

Branch, Assigning a Target Line to a set of received digits
is what is required before the Norstar can even send a wink to the carrier to send the call through. Its strange that you reported that on those uper channels you got a small burst ring followed by a newtork error message.
I would arrange time to work with the carrier, program a target line out of the range giving you trouble, and send some test calls. Have the carrier tell you if he is seeing the proper wink back from you.

I would experiment with making the target line "private" to a particular extension also. I wouldn't have any of my
T1 lines prime to the operator's set.

my memory of wink is that it is received from the CO as a "ready request" then the norstar sends a wink as a "ready to receive" wherepon the CO dumps the digits and makes the connection to the PBX, this is why, on DID calls, the KSU/PBX provides supervision tones (ringback, busy)

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I've assigned the received digits to different target lines and have had no problems.
I've taken lower numbered received digits that are currently working and assigned them to the higher numbered target lines,and they have failed.
I would like to re-install the PRI but I don't have the Activation Key.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Again.

Jerry,

Thanks for further clarification. Please offer your comments on the following two situations, related to Branch's post.

(1) I have had sitauations where I failed to assign a target line to a set of rec. digits that resulted in a busy
signal when you call the DID. Programming a target line for
the rec. digits, even if not assigned to a ring a DN, would at least allow the line to ring. I concluded from this that assigning the rec. digits to a target line must be what triggers the Norstar to send the "ready to rec." wink.

(2) I have also failed to assign target lines to a set of rec. digits, called the DID and it rings right open. Kinda blows my theory above away, right? I would really be interested in your input- I think it is at the heart of Branch's problem.

Did you remove the Prime Set from the lines that are with the PRI provider Lines 001-023?

Rage2003

the DID question may be detracting from branchcom's original post/question. so to keep the original post going on the original question I started another thread thread799-657116 as an open discussin of DID incoming to a norstar.

See ya there.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back