Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Target Line Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffkoeh

Programmer
Nov 12, 2004
US
I have a few MICS System tied together with VOIP Gateways. There was one station that when they were called on the Gateway, they could not hear the caller, but the caller could hear them. All other functions work fine for that extention. That set had Line 162 assigned ring only and received digits 6238 on line 162. Programming on the target line was fine but once I changed the digits to target line 200 and set the phone up to ring line 200, everthing worked fine. Has anyone ever heard of a target line going bad?

Thanks,
Jeff

target line is not a physical line ... ive not heard of this as well.
i think it could be something external to teh system
Did the problem come back when you put it back to 162 again?

i did not move the line back to 162 and a reboot was not practical because I could not shut the phone system done. The software is release 3 so i didn't know if an upgrade may fix the bug

Kind of a strange (rare) thing, But I have seen target lines go bad just as you stated. A reboot has never fixed any that I have seen. If you have enough spare target lines, don't worry about it, just let it run as is. An upgrade will fix it and a fresh startup will also fix it. Also, if you happen to have a backup of the system from before the target line corruption, a restoration will cure it. It is a memory issue as Marv suggested. Not permanent corruption.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back