Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TARG vs TGAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL100OKI

Programmer
Jun 20, 2006
US
I've noticed something that has confused me.

In LD 20 PRT TNB, I see each Trunk member has a TGAR and each DN has a TGAR.

In LD 21 PRT RDB I notice each route has a TARG.

Which is the one that blocks if matching?

TGAR(DN) --> TGAR for channel/member trunk in TNB.

TGAR (DN) ---> TARG in the RDB

THANX
MARINE

If a TGAR matches a TRAG the call is blocked if your using Access code dialing.

SO IF THE TGAR ON THE PHONE SET (PRINTED OUT ON LOAD 20 TNB)

MATCHES THE TARG FOR THE ROUTE (PRINTED OUT IN LOAD 21 RDB)

THAN THE CALL WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ROUTE DOWN A SPECIFIC

REGARDLESS OF THE FRL? FROM WHAT YOU SAY IT SOUNDS IT ONLY

APPLIES TO ACCESS CODE DIALING (I.E. AC1=99) I THOUGHT TARG/TGAR WOULD APPLY TO ALL CALLS MADE TO A ROUTE REGARDLESS OF USING A CDP (DSC/LSC) OR AN SPN (AC1). BELIEVE ME, I AM UNSURE, BUT I THOUGHT TGAR BLOCKED THE ENTIRE ROUTE ALL TOGETHER FROM A USER AND FRL'S BLOCKED ONLY CERTAIN RLI'S THAT APPLY TO THAT ROUTE.

WHY ARE THERE TGAR(S) ASSIGNED TO EACH MEMBER/CHANNEL OF A TRUNK GROUP? DOES THAT SERVE ANY FUNCTION?

You have the option under your ESN block for TGAR. Yes will block sets that match from dialing out thru AC1 RLI's.
If TGAR is no it doesn't look at the TGAR on the set or TARG on the route and will only apply to dialing a direct access code of a trunk route.

JHenley

note: after acod.. so if your route has an access code of 9 then tgar/targ matters.. you asked about frl, that works after ac1 or ac2.. they are seldom both used anymore.. back when locals were ac1 (9) and and long distance was ac 2 (8), we used nfrl (ld 49) plus tgar and targ to control toll access.. now i use it to block overhead page access

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Basickly if you use NARS or BARS you can forget about TARG/TGAR and just use NCOS/FRL. It makes life easier.

agree with that, if your using ac1, 9.. tgar goes back into the history books, with old guys like me

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thank you all for your insight. I only have 2 trunk groups going out of my M1 and they both go to the SL-100. One group is used for autovon ATVN (DSN) and the other is for Commercial calling (IBN2W).

my commercial trunk group is split into 2 routes, one for calling card, local, long distance. the other route is for international. I am having to be able to block routes all together, and also be able to block different digits from going down routes if they are opened. For instance:

RTE 1 (LOCAL/CELL/LD COMMERCIAL) AC1=99
LOCAL 098
CELL 090
LD 012

RTE 3 (INTERNATIONAL)
etc.

RTE 2 (DSN) I have three different areas i need to block here, but this trunk group needs open all the time for standard telephones.
LOCAL DSN -646
PACIFIC DSN- 224
GLOBAL DSN -312

This is our current setup and my bosses insist on allowing some people only local/cell but not internation, but still allowing them DSN Pacific access. I think I really do need use TGAR and FRL's if possible. I don't want to make it difficult, but my higher ups want heed to advice on simplicity, which I like.

Thanks

Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back