Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI3 v1.0.7 Install on Fresh Windows 10 Pro v1803 does not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stownsend

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
US
Anyone have issues with the TAPI 3 Driver with Windows 10 Pro v1803 Fresh Install?

We have been using the TAPI3 v1.07 Driver with Windows 10 Pro 1703 with no real issues. Though on Fresh installs of Windows 10 Pro v1803 (The Spring 2018 Update) The Dialer App does not see the Avaya TAPI driver installed. During the install it asks for the server IP/User/Pass. I can also see it the Phone and Modems Control Panel, though the Dialer Errors out and says there is no Device it can use to make calls.

As a Test we had a working Windows 10 Pro v1703 System and then upgraded it to 1803 and it worked fine, though it was a VM, the other machines are physical. We are testing the 1703 to 1803 upgrade on a Physical Machine now.

Thanks!

Do you actually need TAPI3?
Otherwise try with the TAPI2 driver instead.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

We uninstalled TAPI3 and installed TAPI2 and we get the Same Error. )-:

During the install when it asks you for the IP, extension etc it doesn't save. You need to go us a run command and go to telephon.cpl>Advanced>Avaya IP Office Tapi>configure. Put in the switch IP and extension information. Then you have to reboot for it to sync up.

I know this works on version 2 but I haven't tried 3 yet.

Hope that helps

When we go to the Avaya IP Office TAPI2/3 Service Provider in the Phone and Modem Control Panel, it shows the Correct Switch IP, User and password.

Its when we bring up the Dialer it gives us an Error message saying it cant find any Devices it can use to make calls.
Selecting Tools/Connect Using... gives the same error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back