Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI: Offering and other messages come to clients with delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff7121

Programmer
Jul 12, 2005
UA
Hi experts!

We have telephony site:
- Meridian Opt 11
- Symposium W2K Adv Server with Nortel Symposium Call Senter Server 5.0 (+ 5.0_SU_05_S + 05_SUS_0501_S...05_SUS_0505_S) [Client Sessions:100, Number of agents:160]
- (TAPI Server) W2K Server with Symposium TAPI Service Provider for M1 & CSE1K 3.0 (+ patch 3.0.0.8c)

Meridian and Symposium are in ELAN.

Symposium and TAPI Server connected to CLAN. Also they are belong to one VLAN.

CPU Usage on TAPI Server is less then 40%.

In Perfomance monitor Telephony\Active Lines = 160, Telephony\Current Incoming Calls is about 60-110.

Problems:
1) sometimes when phone.exe starts on the client it doesn't see TAPI Server Lines, but when it restarted some minutes later - lines appear
2) sometimes the clients get tapi callback events with delay to physical phone. Delay is about 2, 3, 5 seconds. But also was a period when it was 20-65 seconds.

Can someone recommend something about these problems?

hi We ar'e working now with Nortel on a Tapi prôblém , not exaxtly your , The clients can do call from the dialer bur they can't hang up, transfer, conf, we don't receive the hand from the server . it's not coming from the serveur , because we installed phone.exe on it and it's work .Apparently it's a setting on client machine with a special command on cmd .I will tell you

?????, ?, ?????? ??????, ?? ?????, ??? ?? ???? ????? ????????...

I have not exactly your problem, but it`s similar: when the agent is logging in the phone.exe we received from the TAPI server "operation failed". We check the MLSM_trace.exe in the SCCS server and it`s not generating the reply to the logging request. Any ideas???

Yes, I had this problem sometime ago and solve it!
Recomendation from Nortel:

When configuring multiple e-lan's on the M1, make sure that SECU = YES in LD17 on all configured e-lans. SECU = YES is required for users to outbound dial from a TAPI Application.

This recomendation solve my anagioues problem! Check SECU parameter on M1 and correct it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back